Saturday, July 23, 2005

A jumbled mess.

I didn't get to this like I thought I would, so I'm going to post simultaneously about three things. Ok, well one after another. I guess I'll restrain from talking about them in the most pertinent order and talk about them in the chronological order.

First thing's first then: "That was the best show I've ever done."

That was meant to be the subject line, but sue me.

Thursday night was our last show. I-sci-fi is now the way of the dinosaur. Though it's more like the way of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park (just waiting to be cloned and brought back to life). It got really hard for me not to spill it up to the deadline, but we made it. With a teary goodbye, we passed our last show.

Though I'm really mad at myself for a self sabatoge... I forgot the power to the speakers so my best playlists ever went unheard by the masses. Well, at least the masses that I could talk to about it. So in a rare, and brief, moment of self glory, I'm going to post the list and see if you can get the message. Would it help if I told you that it had to do with the show?

Preshow:
Star Wars Main Theme
Building A Mystery
Crazy Frog (cut from actual broadcast due to time)
System of a Down - Legend of Zelda (cut from broadcast on account of time)
March of the Highguard (cut for time)
Hero (Nickleback)
Won't Back Down (Daredevil song)
Aerosmith - Don't want to miss a thing.

All of the cuts for time were because we were late, naturally. But they were there to throw you off, more, anyways.

Break:
Mister Big Time (Armageddon)
Pure Energy
Cure for the Itch (Linkin Park)
Boulevard of Broken Songs

The break was more to set a lively atmosphere. We usually deal with the fans and get rowdy for 15 minutes in the middle of the show. We just call it a break is all.

End Show:
Blur - Whoo Hoo
Switchfoot - Meant to Live
Aerosmith - Come together
Modest Mouse - Float On
Linkin Park - In the End
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the reaper
Sarah McLachlen - I will remember you
Leaving on a Jet plane
Strong Bad - The System is Down.

Now if you didn't know what was happening to the show, or has happened, do you think you would have figured it out? I did that sort of thing in most of my mixes. Always hidden messages. I love it.

I'm going to cut out the second of the three things because it's not important and is ultimately dwarfed.

But now I've heard from the horses' mouth that college is going to be ruined for me. Not only will I have to deal with my Ex when I go back, I will have to deal with her new fling (my old best friend, naturally).

Maybe I'll just go to school down here. It would serve me right, having to eat my own words and all. But at least I'll be in good company. I'll have friends (more recent friends, anyways) going there as well. It would be a smooth way to avoid opening a new front in this war. Unfortunately I don't believe that it's been resolved. Either side brings the other up far to often. I've apparently been asked about as well. Which flusters me even more. Not that I was asked about, but that it was kept from me for fear of my reaction.

I took that severely personally. I am my own person. And I should hope that no one in my inner circles of friends or family would ever keep something from me for fear of my reaction. That's bullshit, to put it mildly. I'm not so emotionally unstable as to need coddling. And the last thing I ever want from anyone is to be shielded from the truth. NO MATTER WHAT. If my goal in life is to seek the truth, is to gain as much as I can (knowledge and otherwise), I can't afford to stay away from ANYTHING because my feelings "might" get hurt.

They're much more hurt now than anything. I assure you that much. It will pass since it was done with good intentions. But I hope to never have it happen again. It's not really a warning to my readers or anything. I just needed to attempt a proper purging on that one.

And that ends my jumbled mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home