Thursday, July 21, 2005

A tribute.

Here's a tribute to James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek). I thought it was pretty neat and figured you might want to see it, if you haven't already.

I'm more and more realizing the difficulty of posting interesting links knowing that one of you (at least) Farks AND is on the mailing list that I am (plus about 30 others, heh). Sorry that I don't often have material for you, but ocasionally, maybe.

I found this interesting because China is under AMERICAN pressure to raise its economy. It actually says that some people want a tariff on them if they DON'T raise prices... Wierd... I thought cheap Chinese goods was one of the best things to happen to our economy... But it seems that its threat to our labor force is much more worrisome...

That's all from the news front. I stayed up rather early this morning arranging my library. It's on shelves! But I had to find all of the books at my disposal so that I could put them on there, and in a remotely arranged way that I would like to see them in. I have so many old books, and then a few new (and that's just the copy of them part. I have very few books that could be attributed to a modern original publication - something published in the last 10 years) most haven't been published originally for decades, and many haven't been penned originally for CENTURIES. It's really very interesting.

I have so much to read... If you ever doubt my seriousness when I tell you that I have already to lengthy of a reading list, I will invite you over. For me, this set of shelves alone will take centuries to read at my current rate. So much goodness to read, so much knowledge, and so little desire to read it... Heh. They should just make them into a movie (I'm kidding, and that's a bit blasphemous.)

I also have most of my Boba Fett stuff out. I probably can't compete with you, Carl, but my dainty little shelf has much to please me. And then I have the Puma and his little brother. And "It's a trap" Ackbar as well. It's pretty cool to have my shelves ordained with Slave I and so many other cool things. I'm determined to take back this room with a vengence. I'm going to be putting up some global maps, and I found an old framing of the Columbia shutllecraft that I will hang as well. It's been more than two years since I had a room with something on the wall more special than a calendar. I'll have to see about remounting my poster, as well.

But it's very nice. I have my notebooks, my real books, and plenty of deskspace as well. It almost makes me want to have homework, heh, because now I have the facilities to do it in a hurry and not even worry about it. And all of these references, I definately longed to be back in Seiters class, not because I miss her, but because of all of the missed arguments. I look at all of these references and the things that I could have brought up in her class to challenge her bigotries and half truths. Oh well. It would have been fun though.

Today's the anniversary show. From 7-9PM. I still highly recomend that you listen to it if possible: www.i-sci-fi.com. I know some of you haven't, but I'm excited for this show. You don't want to miss this piece of history, we have two really neat guests as well.

Alright, enough of the plugging.

I think this next week I'm going to make an honest stab at creating virtual life. I found that "Virtual Humans" book again and I think I might be able to figure it out. Though the last time I looked into it I was discouraged, because you pretty much have to program each and every response and some of the neater tricks require scripting that I don't know (Java script and some other fun stuff). But I think I can learn, and if I can make it work, I just might let him run around and play with people, but that's a long term goal if the work is more difficult than I'm currently giving it credit for.

So much to do. I shall post again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home