Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Wow.

I almost got used to the comments, heh, but good things aren't meant to last I suppose.

Speaking of comments, I just got an e-mail telling me that someone commented on a story that I "published" almost a year ago. What's really wierd is that I think it's only the second person, besides myself, to even READ it AND it wasn't finished. The person can't write, so it baffles me how they read it (heh, I'm talking about them using l33t amongst other things, not their poetic abilities), but it was interesting that they wanted to read more. I hear that alot, but I haven't yet been bitten by the writing bug again. As always, ideas flow, but they are sketches, not paintings...

Some day, maybe.

It appears that I may be disappearing for a week. My grandparents are going to whisk me and my brother away after his party (sometime after) this weekend. He will be 16 and then we will be spending the long postponed time with them. The problem is that, even though they ask us every year, a week is a long time for me. I'm not exactly doing anything now, but it's quite probably going to postpone any work that I might hope to find and all. Not that I've been searching my guts out.

But the reason I'm going this time is because I don't want to add that to a list of regrets. I don't like seeing my grandfather in his condition. He's apparently on oxygen now as well as God knows what else to keep him surviving. I hate it. I don't understand it. He's a strong guy. He's old, but he could still whoop up on anyone that I know of or have ever met. But somehow he can't breath, or move, or do much of anything.

His time has probably come and gone. And he's held on. It's remarkable, but sad.

So I'm going for him, and for me. Who knows if this will ever happen again. Waste not, right? It's just sad that the last memories I'll have of him will be him suffering. Case in point of why I don't wish to age. He's not the reason I feel that way, he's just the poster child. There's no reason that I can see wanting to survive at all costs. Unless you are waiting for something big, like to meet your grandchildren. Or something... But there is little that I can think of that would make me endure such hardships...

So we'll see how that goes. I just remembered that I might need be back sooner then that. I was trying to think of what was going on on the 6th. That would be Mountain Con's second to last meeting. If they have one in September, anyways. I really would like to be there. But Carl, just put me in touch of someone I can help, and I will be satisfied. We're two months distant, I don't think we have the option of turning around now.

Speaking of which, shameless plug time: Mountain Con is on September 24th at the Airport Hilton. (That's by the airport, go figure). If you buy your tickets now, you only pay $15 for adults and $5 for children. Goto www.mountaincon.org for all of the information, the guests that will be there, and so on. I don't know them off the top of my head because the last seven months I haven't been nearly as active as I should have been. College, go figure.

But I am planning on being there, and I would like to see you there if you can make it. It should be really great. And c'mon, it's only $15, you get to meet a mess of actors and see a really cool band. Switchblade Kittens is going to be there for a live concert at 10(? check the freakin' website) and that's just about enough reason for me, even if I wouldn't get to hang out with all of my friends.

BTW, this was posted at 4:04. Thought you might find that half as humurous as I did.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

You spoke too soon. I'll elaborate on that one for you.

7/26/2005 11:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home