Thursday, October 13, 2005

"That was totally wicked!!"

BTW, my calls for war are not directed at one person, group, or otherwise singular entity. Unless that entity is my pending insanity, but that is more a mass under one umbrella rather than a singular entity.

Today was a good day for me. It's been a long time in coming, I think, but then I feel that it is just about coming too fast for me. Not that I can't keep up, it's just more than I'm used to.

In keeping with tradition: I thank you. I sincerely do, I'm not simply pitying you or jesting at your discomfort, but I sincerely thank those of you that have hated the last couple of days. This is for you.

Today I got to train Ben again, yep, he has a name. They come by yesterday and drop him off, essentially giving me the thumbs up to train him on the floor. (That's what we call the "Call Floor", y'know the area where we are, taking calls... Sheesh, there's not much to teach about an actual floor).

Anyways, they tell me to show him the ropes, but make him drive, too. So I talk to a TL about it and they say, yep, make him drive and give him the keys to your car. Ok, it's figuritive, but they wanted me to let him use my logins. That's been making me nervous but he's a quick learner and can totally parallel park already.

So he comes by again about 6:45 AM or so and they say the same thing. But they want me to transfer control when there's only like for of us available. I really think that's a little wierd, but they said so. So about 8 AM I give him the Con and let him drive.

And sit back in awesomeness all day long.

I got on the phone a couple of times, I did a lot of running around, but the kid is great (he's probably older then I am, actually). Because of what was going on yesterday, he already has a lot of the basics, he just needs to get better.

By the end of the day he was already remoting in and re-installing stuff himself, all I had to do really was remind him of a thing here and there and sign in for him. He's a Tech, we think, but he can definately do it now. And he even had his first show down with ITRO. That was funny.

So we did that all day, and just as I'm leaving I see that a ticket has been bounced (or so I thought). Turns out that a ticket that I referred NINE DAYS AGO, that they sat on for as long, has FINALLY been referred elsewhere because the guy who sat on it for NO LESS THAN SIX DAYS says he can't do anything about it.

An hour of snooping for contact information later, we have to settle for sending him an e-mail, but he's a goner. If he responds, he's not going to be a very happy person... And he's going to be talking to not very happy people.

*shrug* I's just a trouble maker is all.

Not a huge ammount more to tell except that this week is one for history for me. Two consecutive awesome days in one week, topped off by an hour lunch! We only get an hour on weekends! We totally rocked today and never went into queue! We are awesome!

"That was awesome! What function key do I have to hit to make it do that again?"

"Da Cheat, we put that lightswitch in so you could turn the lights ON and OFF. NOT so you could throw a lightswitch rave."

"Coach Z, I thought I told you to leave like an hour ago."

3 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Yes, but he's well on his way to being Big Ben.

Then you shall ph34r his r0x0rness.

Indeed.

It does bother me a bit that this happens mostly because it's out of the blue, I think.

Because it seems that forthcoming praise or "pats on the back" seem very sparse around here.

I really feel myself to be an undue trouble maker of sorts around there. I rock the boat. I have to run to the TLs if someone sneezes so that I can check my work. But I guess all of that is due to policy and my own inner workings.

The real kicker is that all of the sudden I am getting the praise and, at least what I consider to be the next step: training people.

To me that's a big what to do because they think you're doing well enough to indoctrinate someone else into your line of thinking and working.

That's huge.

I could potentially corrupt this person by leading him astray. At least in the beginning, the only real experience with the job will be what he learned from me.

I take it very seriously to say the least.

It's good to see that they like me that much, but I think they could stop ignoring that fact.

It's not that I need my ego stroked or anything, I simply need a nudge that says "Good Job" or something that is enough for me to know that I'm on the right path.

10/14/2005 09:36:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

You're going to ask a guy, most of all me, if a guy is cute?

WTF?

I think the two most distasteful qualities about him are that he sounds a little whiny at times and that he smokes.

10/14/2005 05:07:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

If we're going to play the "beauty" card is this where I point out each person is beautiful? You only asked me if he was cute. I would definately say not, not as a burn on his visage, but in accords with my physical attraction. If I ever think that a guy is "cute" there are obviously going to be circumstances there, like I saw him from a block away from the back and had a gender confusion (like he'd rather be female anyways).

:-p

10/17/2005 04:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home