Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I frickin' rock.

No, don't bow down to my awesomeness...

That is unless you want to.

That is unless the supreme glory of my uber waves knocks you over.

Oh yeah.

Today's turned out to be a pretty good day, as you might guess.

The weekend was good. I decided to go a little nuts and by a psuedo-katana. Will it cut you? Yes. Is it worth bringing to a sword fight? Only if your friends bring their wall hangers. For $90 I picked up a cheapo, but it was worth that much for just the learning that came with it (it's normally $120 unless you buy it for $160 from the stores). So yeah, that was cool. I got to pick the tsuba and the color. I got to piece it together, and though the workman's ship could have been better, it works for me (turns out we'll have to drill new holes in the handle to get the pegs in there and be reasonably sure that the handle won't slip when messing around.)

On top of that, for a scant $5 I was able to get 3 pretty decent 'pocket' knives. They're more like utility knives than anything, but they fold up under the bed if needed.

Needless to say, the sword guys where my friends that weekend.

No for the part that rocks today? I got my bow.

45lbs draw at 28". Longbow. Wood. Cedar arrows and a back worn quiver.

I rock.

That's all there is to it. I got my bow today, and am super stoked about it (not super soaked, mind you).

I haven't strung it up yet, I need to get a target and some arrows that won't cut totally through it first.

To top it all off, I sent off the information so I can get payed for Boba Fett, he fetched a total of $26 and some change counting shipping.

Then after that, applied for a job worth $50k a year. Yeah, that's right. Not that I really think I would/could get it, but it would totally rule. I mean, that would be bitchin' for my age. We'll see what they say, they say that all applications will be considered, but that's a standard dealio. I'm thinking the only two things they could concievably gripe about is the A+ (quickly remedied) and the work experience. I count I-Sci-Fi, but if we want to get nitpicky, I probably only have 9 Months instead of the 1-2 years they want.

But the possibilities would be endless with that.

Sweet.

Yes, good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home