Saturday, June 17, 2006

Forget it.

Breaking Benjamin - Forget It Lyrics
It's a crime you let it happen to me
Nevermind, I'll let it happen to you
Out of mind, forget it there's nothing to lose
but my mind and all the things I wanted

Evertime I get it I throw it away
It's a sign, I get it, I wanna stay
by the time I lose it I'm not afraid
of looking at you truly fake it

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me
You're the part of me that I don't wanna see

Forget it

There's a place I see you follow me
Just a taste of all that might come to be
I'm alone but only breath you can breath
to question every answer coming

Just send away
Please me let me stay
Coming your way

Forget it

It's a crime you let it happen to me
Out of mind, I love it, easy to please
Nevermind, forget it, just memories
On A page inside a spiral notebook

Just send away
Please let me stay
Coming your way
I can live forever here

Forget it

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me
You're a part of me that I don't wanna see

I can live forever here


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It creeps me out sometimes.

I don't understand what you are so afraid of.

Assume, for a moment, you are alone and affraid. You find yourself, running, running away from your life and the people that you should love. Imagine yourself, that you have found a door, a doorway to another plane.

Imagine yourself entering, the "WTF?" Zone.

My own life, my own choices. Am I the only one that lives that way anymore? Am I the only one that will stick as true to myself as possible no matter who thinks or says what? I can immagine an intense flaw and weakness there, but I have already detected that and compensated.

But what about you?

You fear the footsteps that near. They come and pass and are never a threat.

You look over your shoulder constantly.

You walk on eggshells.

You are well and truly affraid.

In the end, what do you lose?

Are you truly losing anything?

I can understand the sense of worth there, but in all reality, if you were to 'lose' is it something that can't be left behind in the first place.

Vermillion, I don't mean to have this targetted at you, I know that we spoke of it, but I felt it was important to speak to this group as a whole on the matter. Don't take this personally, it's an experimentation of thought and a message to another.

So you 'lose' and who really 'lost'?

It's like all the cliches that you will always hear when you are dumped: "Don't worry about it, it's their loss and not yours." and it truly is. Make no mistake that you will lose so much less by leaving an unloving relationship, one that is founded by small minds that refuse to understand you - than staying with it, subjugated by the unknowing and unreasonable minorities that hate their own fear and ignorance.

Harsh? Yes. So is subjugating the ones you "love" to false standards and pretences and a life of living in the shadows for fear of offending you.

Often times I think these thoughts and speak these words and it hits me:

I am sowing dissent in the masses of people's lives.

Those of you that may have not been digging deeply, or that have found my natural fun loving sarcasm and mischief causing fun a little too serious may think "No big deal." But if there is one thing that I try to pride myself on doing, that would be lack of direct intervention. I don't overtly seed thoughts of rebellion and dissent.

HOWEVER!

Make no mistake that I value your soul, intelligence, and personal freedoms above just about everything else. I believe that if it is a choice between subjugation (by loved one or enemy) or living as your own person free of the cares and judgements of others, then there is only one true answer.

I will continuously support that you make your own decisions. If you so decide that you wish to be subjugated, that is fine, but make no mistake in thinking that I won't try to convince of your folly.

There is no one on Earth that is better equipped to know what you know, think what you think, and choose for your life than you. Not me, not your mother, not your bishop and not the Pope no matter who's God they speak for. I don't believe any of them have that authority. If you choose to, I don't necessarily find any contention with that, but I suggest your choice be made with analysis of the specific situations.

Believe me, this goes far deeper than anything that I can find in this state. While I might think that the local theological groups are a bit misguided, I don't sense any open malevolence other than when their meddlesome interferes and seems like coercion.

When I speak of these things, why I am leery of religious leaders and a 'senseless' faith that "Whatever my 'insert religious title here' says is truth." should be plain. We have all seen, heard about, or read about the reprocussions of this 'power' when placed in the wrong hands. You have to analyze everything. The powers of good are not by far the only ones with emissaries of persuation on this plane.

Anyways, now that the lateness of the hour is showing and I keep defending against imaginary attacks, goodnight.

One last thing: I have proliferated a great evil this day.

I downloaded IE 7 Beta with the tabbed browsing and everything. It's sorta nice so far, but I think FF is better in some ways still. Though anyone who has used both would be an idiot if he didn't think that Microshaft all but blatantly copied the format from FF.

There are handy aside features, but in all honesty, other than the general look, the layout and naming conventions are the same. It also incorporates features of Opera, but to a lesser extent. Anyways, adieu.

2 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

you have strange ways of going about things.

6/17/2006 10:38:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Care to be more specific on that, kiddo?

6/17/2006 10:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home