Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good Grief.

It's been since Sunday that I've updated? Total slacker...

Sheesh. You disgust me.

Anyways, Tuesday night I ended up getting the game working, and staying up until 2AM playing it for fear that it might quit again if I quit.

That was fun and has thrown my whole week...

Tonight was the show, and a good one at that. I got the FTP information so that I can update the iscifi.tv page if I want now, which is awesome. I felt very geeky using FTP for the first time to successfully update a web page, and me and my limited HTML skills are teh uber 1337.

Makes me want to do my own site for sure, again.

And I'm kicking around the idea of that nifty neat Terabyte NAS.

And I already have a name for it.

Boss NAS.

Yes, I totally did.

On top of that, I'm realizing the suck of not reading all of the print on an eBay auction.

I bought a small, nice, projector (1,600 lumens ho-ho-ho! More power!), but from a guy in Beijing. And thus, he doesn't due paypal, he does Wire Transfer or Western union. It's going to cost me fricken $34 to pay the guy, unless I go through my CU if they support it... Sheesh. But assuming it comes as it was advertised, I'm getting it for about 1/10th the cost, even with about $100 in post auction charges almost.

So that and the NAS are probably going to get me into trouble this check. I'm seriously thinking about it... Seriously...

Other then that, there's a whole bunch of things going on with once friends.

It's a bother when you run into something that causes such strife.

It's worse when they bring it on themselves because they're complete idiots.

I'm sorry, it might seem harsh, but what posesses you to A) make shit up about your friends, B) start spouting off about something you stated you didn't care about and haven't been involved with in any way shape or form for 6 months or more, and C) attack a man and his family.

You don't do that shit. You don't even do that with people that you hate. It's always between you and them. Forget the fact that you attacked his honor and trustworthiness in a fashion that only befits the mentally inept, but you publicly attacked him and his family and how he raises his children and deals with them.

I'm sorry, but of all the people of the world to be making accusations on that level, you are not even near the top of the bottom. One of my favorite quotes comes to mind "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." And assuming that you're reading this, then you are likely forever gone with whatever friendship we once had.

Few people understand what my loyalty translates to.

I am still open to your friendship, but make no mistake, I am not a friend that watches someone drive off a cliff for the hell of it. I'm the one that is there to help you, defend you and protect you. Even from yourself if need be.

What you did is so beyond stupid, so beyond uncalled for and so beyond reason that it baffles my mind. I can't help but wonder what was going through your head when all of this happened.

I do hope that somehow in that twisted mind, you feel it was somehow worth it.

Worth it to know that you alienated the last of your friends, allies and defenders.

And also, as many of you have seem to somehow have forgotten it. I am the Co-chair AND Treasurer for the con. There is only one person that could POSSIBLY know the financial situation of the con better than I, and you made the mistake of attacking him outright.

If you weren't so stuck upstairs, you might have concieved that you could have come to our PUBLIC meetings to listen to the status of the coffers of the con. For wanting to "see the books" you have to be a little bit more understanding and intelligent than to call him out on your Blog.

For those of you that just got a slap in the face of Shadowy frustration, I appologise. For those of you that don't like to read things like this, don't like to see this part of me and so forth, I appologise.

Better here than at work or in person.

I am maintaining my neutrality until it suits me to discontinue it. I am expressing opinions that are SOLELY my own and have not been openly shared with more than one or two other people. And they had long ago made up their own minds.

If you feel any of this is off-base, wrong, or disagree with it in any way shape or form, I challenge you to do something - INTELLIGENT - about it.

I am venting here so that I can do so on a public, yet wholly my own, domain.

You come here to pick a fight, and that's your business, I promise that you won't win it.

Furthermore.

I can't stop geeking out, Boss NAS. Ha!


One more thing:

"TROGDOR!!! Trogdor was a man... er... maybe he was a dragon-man... or... maybe he was just a dragon, but he was TROGDOR!!!"

Thank you ladies and gents, laugh, be hapy, and realise that all I have to do is hit ctrl+alt+T and TROGDOR!!! attacks.

G'night.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

I'm not going to elaborate here, but I can assure you that it's not directed at you or anyone that I have even third-handedly mentioned to you.

See, not every negative emotion of mine is directed at you, hon. :-p

6/17/2006 12:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home