Monday, June 19, 2006

"Pilots to their ships! Prepare to make the jump to lightspeed!"

Slow down, just a little bit there, skipper.

I mean, really now.

You don't want to lose your grip.

Well, ok, maybe it's too late for that. But don't fly off the handle, for sure.

So throttle back for one second.

The short path is the path to the darkside.




I've spent just a bit too money this week, not too much of a problem, but I hate feeling like I'm scrapping bottom like this. I feel fine, and can't complain, I found a steal on eBay which was still expensive, but I got it at about $100 off and it was what I was looking for. Perfect, in other words.

Now I have almost all of the meat and bones, I just need to get some more of the necessary components. Over the next month I will have a high-powered, ass-kicking machine.

For sure.

It's kinda sick, really. But it's fine.

As long as I don't obliterate my savings again, I can seriously start looking for a car this next check as well.

Yes, yes, I still need to get my license, but that won't really be as hard as everyone tries to let on.



We'll see what I get to do with schooling and the like.

I figure I could still potentially do it, but I realized the folly of trying to live off of loans for the next two years. Obviously, I'm going to raise around $30,000 in debt. Not a problem for me. What is a problem is the fact that it's a strategic folly of the worst kind:

Leaving my fate up to chance.

I could survive with minimal expenditures if I played my cards right. I would be the stereotypical college bachelor for two years. No problem.

But the thing that killed me was that I would be counting on the job market to pick me up and it being enough to pay off that debt in a year or two.

Not too bright, actually.

But I know that I'm not the right kind of dedicated to be able to work and school at the same time unless I have a perfect job.

The problem with Carl's Jr. was that it had no schedule, only paid enough to scrape by most of the time, and kept me up excruciatingly late.

If I could find something that could sustain me and pay for school, the rest is bearable, but I need to have time to sleep and study.

There be my problem.

I guess I would just need to do regular late morning classes and then I could work with pretty much anyone. I just don't want to work for Convergys if they're still being jerk-offs. But maybe I can apply for a TL position or some sort of techy thing for their IT. Depends on how they work it.

So yeah... I have half a mind to still sit out an extra semester or two.

But maybe I'll just switch careers. If I switched to an IT based carreer I would love it. To me, it's all play. I could go to work and play and come home and play. Like I'm doing now.

Really neat-o.

I think I'll have to seriously look at that.

I could at least stay in this valley or do it online that way.

Sounds good enough to seriously look at, anyways.

1 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

it's definitely not easy, I wanted to go postal a few times when I'd work during school. And moving out. that was a killer for my focus. Gah. I really had no days off because it would either be school or work, school or work.

icky

6/20/2006 01:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home