Monday, January 24, 2005

Lies.

So it appears that my dark veil of misdirection and half-covered paths has been broken again. But alas, it was a close friend and that I'm not so worried of. But I need know the route so that I may travel that path myself...

Have you ever been confronted with a pack of lies so confounding that you're body aches with the will to rebuttle against it? Have you ever stared someone in the eye, knowing that you are right, and they will not shake from their devious lies? I read an article published in the University paper today that was just such a pack of lies and proliferates exactly the kind of things that it wishes to attack. You cannot attack a racist by calling him biggot. You cannot destroy fire with fire, and you cannot fight the truth with lies. Why don't people understand. I would go further here, but I need to craft a decent response. That will be in a later post...

But the time has come for me to return to "school". That word now carries for me a level of contemptability. I came here for higher education, for furthering my mind, body, and soul. I came here for KNOWLEDGE. They came here to "school" me. I am treated less than even in high school. What an irony that I could teach a class with such precision and care as the professor, and I took it two years ago. It is frustrating beyond reason to have waited and fought so long, just to be disappointed. And you know how I keep going? I tell myself that it will change and be what I expected... I very much hope so...

Alas, I must attend to more social matters. No, not those that have plagued me endlessly... But those that are new, and those that are of a different nature. My oldest friend, of my own age, is planning on marriage. And I would love to be overjoyed, but I am leery. I can't help but shake a feeling of misfortune. I wish her to be happy, but I don't want her to rush in, and I don't want to jepordize any friendship that I have with her. Something I've never done with her, but I don't know if I should still. How does one know the right path, and not try to share it with others? How can society be of the mind that because you know of a pitfall, doesn't make it your duty to warn them... I can't understand that. I just don't want her to be like her mother... She doesn't need the heartache that her mother is going to suffer for her second time, that she will visit upon a new generation of a broken family... I wish there was something to change it.

And yet, I need to visit a friend. One that, regrettably, I felt needed space. I fully intended, and planned out, a confrontation with that calamity a long time ago. Near the beginning of my current issues. But what are you supposed to do? No one understands an act of complete selflessness, of complete friendship. And so I did nothing. Something that I hopefully won't regret forever. Something that I still hope was a speed bump. So soon, I will confront it and take whatever retribution is due to me. It is not the right of the parent to dictate to the child. It is their duty to guide, not to tyranize. And for fear of my friend suffering undue hardships, I stayed away. Hopefully that friend will understand. And I won't suffer those stints any longer. Not in this case.

And so I quest on for what I feel is right, what my heart and soul tell me. I hope to make right the wrongs, so let me.

2 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Perhaps that is true, but a continuous fall is an equilibrium as well. And I'd like to think someone would try and catch me, if that were the case.

Disarmed again. Eventually I will learn to make my own mistakes...

1/25/2005 10:23:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

And why is that?

1/26/2005 09:33:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home