Thursday, May 19, 2005

"And now young Skywalker, you will..." Turn into Darth Vader.

Ok, so finally I can stop keeping the majority of my secrets from the majority of people. Didn't want to say it yesterday because I wanted to have fun with it first, but I got to see Ep: 3 today. Nope, not the midnight showing, but at 6:30 PM on the 18th. Just wanted to be among the first in the state to see it, and luckily we were able to.

I'm not going to spoil it, I haven't done that in six months, and it's even easier now. But I have read/seen everything I could get my hands on (without hurting myself) of the movie, and it didn't hurt my enjoyment at all. Actually, watching the Clone Wars cartoon that's been on Cartoon Network is almost necessary to understand the complete plot, in my opinion. But that's like reading Shadows of the Empire and other interlude's like that. You simply understand the evolution of the story better.

I just read a review by an MSN.com columnist. I recomend you not read such things until you've seen the movie for yourself. I've heard the fans complain about the series since Ep: 1. It's no different now. Trust me, it's well worth the money you'll spend to see it. No matter how many times you go. It does a great job at tying up the loose ends that most people have. Trust me, I'm a really in depth fan here (not nearly as much as some, but much more than a lot that I know) and this tied up ALL of the loose ends that I could think of. If you want answers to your several years worth of questions (possibly decades worth for some of you older fans) you'll get them.

IF you still have loose ends that you feel weren't adequately handled, I'd love to hear about them. I just want to know what I'm missing.

Oh, yeah, don't worry about the ending, we all mostly know the story. That's the problem with doing something based off of history, or at least a prequil story: "The boat sinks, everybody dies." Not 100% accurate in either case, but it pretty much sums it up. If my headline blew it for you, you definately should have watched the originals first...

1 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

It is one of the few movies that goes unhindered by it's negative reviews, or so I hear. If I had the money and there weren't so many crowds to beat, I would have seen it as well. :(

5/25/2005 09:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home