Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Obituaries.

Ironically I've been found reading the obituaries in the newspaper before. Well, that is if anyone caught me. It's not really a morbid fascination or anything like that. It sort of stems from trying to substantiate even a sliver of what is thrown about in the media. Trying to see what the demographic of that sort of thing is, and how many of my brothers and sisters right here at home have perished in our wars.

I've been oft pleased to find that I have never once found someone that I've known, or that I felt was "robbed" of some time in their life. Always someone older, even if it's only in their forties. Someone that unfortunately died of disease, but mostly of "natural" causes. But now I find a friend amongst that. If you worry about my coping, fear not. I don't really have trouble coping with their death. I merely have to cope with the unspoken goodbyes or the fact that I will never laugh with them again. It's easy, I suppose, when you've said goodbyes to countless others before you.

I'm merely spending this time with Ray's passing to try to understand things a bit more. The last time I experienced this was my mother's mom whom I actually knew had passed. Well I more judged it from my mother's reaction. Her shock meant only one thing to me, and for some reason I've never had the standard difficulties with that. I'm just trying to get into the cliche of it, I suppose. It's just time to reflect on the moments you have with those that you know and love and know and love you. To not waste a moment. Kind of odd that it was Ray. He was so loved, and there just seems like there should have been someone else. But what happened, was meant to happen and could not have happened any other way.

I just wanted to post his obituary (http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&page=obits#2), so that you could know a little bit about the man that I'm talking about. Most of my silent readers out there knew him, and the few others that I know read this jargon didn't. It's up to you, it's a moment in my life, and you can share it or not.

After this post I can only really see it being the majority of my post after his funeral on Thursday...

Off to see if I can't save a friend. Kind of interesting how I run into these types of problems. I suppose they're common enough that I should, a true test of everything I am perhaps. Sorry to end a bit ambiguously. I hope the few of you that I have been able to share it with realize what my friends realize to me. But perhaps I never get around to letting you all know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home