Sunday, May 15, 2005

Orson's rant take II

Well the reaction to his article was just, I can't say that I've heard any support at all for his ill thought out attacks. A local paper here did post a rebuttle, however, and masterfully done I might add. I couldn't help at smile, it's very well put together countering his points at each sentence. Anyways, you read it for yourself:

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2735808

=================================================

Ever get in a situation that you can't say what's on your mind to the person that needs to hear it? I hate that part of being tactful and calculating. You wait in drawing the line in a shady situation until it is clear, lest you find yourself on the wrong side of the table. But sometimes I know what the answer is, and hold my peace.

Such is this latest case. I've ranted about it to my family, but they already knew. And now I wish nothing more than to go back in time and say exactly what was on my mind.

I won't, likely. These things can't be solved in this manner for some reason... I don't understand why. It would be so much easier...

===================================================

I'm getting back into my writing, soon. I have a few more immediate things to worry about, but with a fanfic concept coming out of the demise of Star Trek and my newest character, I'm starting to hone in my skills. Yes, it's my least favorite type of creative writing. I think there is much to be desired when you end up playing with someone else's imaginary world. But in this case I'm barely using the precepts they gave and am generating my own story. No, I know it sounds like Battlestar Galactica, but I'm doing more than just use the name. Sure, I'm straying just a bit from the intent, but there will be plenty for fans to know that it's still very much the same...

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home