Thursday, June 16, 2005

Been a bit.

I suppose that it's been a few days, so I think it's time to post something.

I'm going to try my hand at writing again, posted at the end of this.

So this week's not been hugely eventful after Monday. Right now I'm heavily considering working for Convergys. And assuming that I can survive it, I'll probably be there for a while. I'm still not very happy about it. I don't know... But Lowe's hasn't called me back yet, either. And I'm supposed to call Convergys this next week. Technically Monday...

Anyways.

It looks like I might be home this weekend. Here in a little bit I'll be calling to let my parents know.

But the week's been otherwise socially productive. Of sorts. A little bit more to do with my roommates. Juan is still funny, he's got his first computer. I've probably mentioned. And he was asking me for help a lot last night. Pretty neat.

And I've been doing a lot with music, as well. I decided yesterday to listen to all of the songs that I have. And I did, mostly. But I have many hours of music apparently. So I play it in the background of what I'm doing normally. I just need to mix it a little bit better because somethings should (or shouldn't) lead into others. Like listening to "Building a Mystery" and then jumping into They Might Be Giants... That was a trip the first time...

But anyways. I think that's good for now. I wrote this little thing up real quick. It has to do with a game that I've been playing, so as to give a hope of a guess to figure out what it's about. But it is rather interesting too... But I'll let you enjoy it, or not:

Unconquerable

"Being unconquerable lies with yourself, being conquerable lies with the enemy."

-Sun Tzu

The darkness itself seems to fear me.
I have walked this long dark road for longer than I can remember.
Demons pulled out of the shadows come to fight me.
Even their attempts are futile.

The shadows themselves are rebuked in my presence,
the warriors of light fear my power.
I walk about the halls of the dead unmolested and unmatched,
my power is surreal. I am unconquerable.

In the fires of hell I fear nothing.
I shatter the gates of hell for admittance.
My quest shall not be halted by something as frivilous as a door.
The very lord of terror has come to quiver in my presence.

At the utterance of a word and the guesture of my hand, entire armies vanish.
My faith is my shield, my light, my life.
Fire, lightning, earth - all my allies come to my aide.
Though I quest in vain.

My charge is long dead.
My quest finished before I started.
The questions are already answered, the problems already solved.
And yet I must continue.

So I continue.
An oath sworn to a long dead king.
A battle that can't be won.
A war that will continue to rage without me.

Now the demons that I fought are carried with me.
They crawl up from the depths of which I banished them.
The darkness comforts them and brings ill tidings.
I can no longer hold them back... Or can I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home