Monday, June 13, 2005

Goodness gracious...

So today I've suddenly exploded on the popularity scene. I know, you guys with actual lives (heh) are going to scoff, but I've had three phone calls and it's only 5PM. Two of them were places of potential employment and one was a friend that I just got off the phone with, and I still need to make 3 more.

So here's the thing. Overnight I am now in the position to DECIDE who I'm going to work for. I got woken up at 8AM this morning (an ungodly hour indeed) by a representative of Lowe's saying that they'd like to schedule me for an interview (I applied on last Wednesday, so it took them long enough). I got in at 1:30PM and jumped through their hoops for about an hour and finally made it home, ate lunch and started watching The Conquerors on the History channel, the last half of El Cid and the first half of King David when Convergys called saying that they'd like to hire me. BTW, this isn't just me being sexist or anything, but thus far out of the three people that I've spoken with from Convergys, I liked the two ladys more. Even the one that simply read what she had to, had more life than my interviewer. Anyways, because of Lowe's potentially hiring me, AND working with my schedule, I asked her if I could hold off on an answer, she said that the training didn't start until the end of June/beginning of July anyways and that I should call back by the end of the week.

Holy freakin' score!

Don't ask me.

Anyways. I am totally psyched about it. And my friend and I were chatting about looking around this lifeless rock for things to occupy ourselves. He decided he wanted to try jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, off of solid mountains and then attempt to drown himself (with the proper scuba gear, of course) and we agreed that if one of us found something that the other might enjoy that we'd stay in the loop. And paintball and possibly Kung Fu are definately on that list, the latter determined by geographical availability.

So there's just a huge amount of coolness for me right now. It's such a pick me up from yesterday and Saturday for sure. And I'll, of course, keep you posted as long as my computer and internet comply. One or the other has been acting up since about Thursday, that's why I haven't been on IMs since. Turns out my computer had it's first virus this morning. Yay! But I caught it and killed it for free. Triple yay.

But that's it for now. I'm just affraid of settling back into a funk after all of the good news today. But if I suddenly am eaten by Samara that won't be any problem (y'know, the little girl from the Ring?). I've sorta been a bit paranoid today, too. But that's ok. Right now none of that matters.

I hope you are all having half as much fun as I am, because then you'd be having a blast. And when you figure out what twice as much fun as "a blast" is, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home