Sunday, November 06, 2005

My baby is born unto me.

Heh.

I finally did it. I got really crazy and went and did it.

I bought my computer. I wish I could say that I'm writing to you from it now, but I'm not. Still on my Dad's machine for the internets for now.

I'll get that fixed in a little bit though. No real reason to use his to check my e-mail and such if I can do it from mine.

Super cool, too.

I've decided that, to honor its coolness, I would wait a week before naming it. I will be open to suggestions, so feel free to pipe up, but silly names will likely be disregarded.

Any other, serious, entries are welcome.

I think part of the coolness is that it was about a grand cheaper than the one that I was going to buy online (even counting the "discount"). That, and I was additionally crazy and put this purchase on a brand new credit card that I got just for this purchase (ok, I got it for this as the primary purchase, I already know one other thing that I will be using it to help with, and stop worrying, I'll be careful - besides, that's how I was approved in the first place).

So I got it, finally, about the same specs as the one that I was drooling about nearly two months ago. Built in Wireless. 2BG RAM, 100 GB hard drive 128MB graphics card, DVD RW for the home movies, heh (just kidding).

Cool stuff.

I already broke my first rule with it, too. I installed its first game, when I wasn't going to install any directly ON the machine. I installed Half Life 2 so that I could play it. Er, beat it in this case. And it was totally worth it.

I've also ripped it's first CD, with a burning to come eventually. All sorts of milestones for it already.

I just couldn't get it to network with my Desktop computer to transfer over all of my music and such. It's no fault of the laptop (I checked, it works just fine with my Dad's laptop, but the Desktop doesn't like using the network). For some reason the Desktop will ping everywhere but itself and the other computers on the network can't ping it.

It's very frustrating and mind-boggling. So I'll have to wait until I can purchase an external HD to transfer all of the files off. Which probably won't be until this next week, or two weeks, because I'll be busy working my late shift, 4 days, 10hrs.

Which starts in the morning so I should away with me.

I just wanted to let everyone know. And also, my phone number has been changed. I'll get to you each in turn and time with the new number. And if you don't hear from me in a timely manner, feel free to ask, like I said, I might not be planning a lot until Friday, so don't hesitate to ask here, or e-mail, or whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Two things:

Wierd.

And

Why not? I did ask for suggestions, and you're reading it here, which means that something important is going on.

If it makes you feel any better, I never said that I would use any of the suggestions. Just listen to them, add them to a list.

11/06/2005 09:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home