Saturday, November 12, 2005

There's a reason.

There's a reason why I come here first.

It's 'cause I try to savour the moments. The good and the bad. I guess I give up a lot of other moments to savour the ones that I have, but that's no matter, I suppose.

Yesterday was a great day. As days go.

I spent half of the day with a friend, while spending the evening with many more of you. What more could be asked?

I'm trying to savour that. The feeling. 'Tis a good feeling that is likely 'bout to be swept aside.

Last night was our Mt. Con meeting. It was a very good meeting, probably one of the best ones that I've been to since the first one that I went to. The first one we decided to give our would-be benefactor the boot, and take our own baby steps as we realized that he wasn't doing anything for us that we couldn't do, faster, better and so forth than before. It's the Six Million Dollar Con. Or at least we hope it will be in 12 years when we have to worry about SW's 40th, heh.

Very productive, but I was a bit shocked. I was, more or less, thrust into the Co-chair position. Yeah, yeah, I volunteered, but I hadn't expected my counterpart to step back. We have a work around for it, but it was interesting.

That and everyone followed Dave when he suggested that I should have emergency power to break a tie (which will only happen in really big instances, me thinks). Sound a bit like our friend Palpatine, anyone? I just found it wierd that it went the way it did. I had suggested using the entire voting council to break the tie, but it was agreed that I would do it.

Wierd and neat at the same time.

I would promise not to abuse it, but not only should that go without saying, but it would kinda make me look like Palpatine, anyways, lol.

I named my computer yesterday. I'm not entirely pleased with the name, but I am free to change it later, I suppose. I've named him meddlesome Medley. Ok, just Medley, but that's because he's going to be quite a meddlesome creature.

I inadvertently gave him his first heart attack yesterday.

I was not pleased, to say the least. I put in a CD that I should have known better about… It was a CD full of software that I have coveted for a while, but it was burned by an ex-friend who was an idiot (in this way as well as many other big ways). He freakin’ burned a data CD in audio format. Thus giving Medley his first triple heart attack.

I didn’t have to use the defibrillator, thank goodness, I was able to resuscitate him by less strenuous means. He’s a very stout fellow and recovered almost instantly.

Tonight, it seems, I will have some plans. Not sure how I feel about that. I feel that I’m wary when I shouldn’t need to be. But I should.

It’s an odd thing to think the face of a former friend, your enemy.

I don’t think I will ever get over that, but that’s how it seems to turn out. Only a very few of my closest friends have never fallen that route. I suppose it started a great deal earlier, but I will count it from about 5th grade (my first friend that I actually spent time with on a more than regular basis) on to now. ‘Twas always thus, and thus it will always be. Eh? Alicia?

I don’t have a super amount to post. There was something I think that I am missing.

I survived my 4-10 schedule, and I actually did some math for it. I know that now I technically get 6 days off in a two week period, that’s a lot of down time. But I pull the hours of someone who’s working 11 of those 14 days. Just an interesting thing to consider. Especially when people hate me talking about getting those three day weekends, lol.

There is other mindless small talk and small events to be had. But I don’t feel like writing them down today.

Sorry folks, that will be all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Is George ill?

It would be tragic if he weren't to recover.

11/13/2005 08:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home